We are looking for an experienced Product insights leader to join the band and help drive an insights led culture within product development. As a Product Insights team, our mission is to enable evidence-based decision making in our organization. We achieve this by gaining a deep understanding of our users and establishing trustworthy and impactful metrics to track product improvement and user experience changes.
We aim to impact the strategy and direction of the Soundtrap user experience and to provide day to day guidance on product decisions, big and small. Your team will use mixed methods to study and understand user behaviour, evaluate potential of product initiatives, guide plans and generate ideas.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for involvement in 2-3 product areas.
- Have people management responsibilities for a team of up to 3 data scientists and 3 user researchers and report to the Soundtrap Core unit lead
- Leader for the overall product insights practice at Soundtrap making sure we have forums for competency development, insights shares, data science reviews and user research reviews
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key product decision makers at the Executive levels.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, developers and others across the company and execute impactful research projects.
- Establish ways of working for your team in collaboration with product and design, and by aligning with other leads in your mission and business unit.
- Establish quality standards for the work your team delivers and optimize for efficient and speedy, careful execution.
Who you are
- You have significant experience (4+ years) leading insights teams in quantitative and qualitative methods. This also includes recruitment, coaching, career development and so forth.
- You have a demonstrated ability and proven experience in building a product insights practice at a product company, preferably a SaaS product.
- You have an educational background appropriate for an insights manager (e.g., a graduate degree in a social, cognitive, or natural science, information science, statistics, or computer science).
- You have the technical competence and leadership skills to coach team members in appropriate methodologies, communication style, and technical solutions needed.
- You are known for delivering high quality work for keeping your own team productive and happy.
- You are a great communicator, both in writing and orally, and can establish relationships with product, design and engineering.
- Familiar with relevant methodologies for understanding and interpreting human behavior and human interactions with technology