SQL,T-SQL,Azure,Windows Server,Windows Cluster
You will work in a team of DBA's overlooking, administering and supporting the SQL Database Hosting platform.
Our SQL-hosting platform consists of more than 500 instances hosted on clusters, stand-alone servers & Azure PaaS and are located both in cloud (Azure) and on-premise (in datacenters and on local sites).
This role is focused on maintaining the platform overall with a special focus of streamlining, optimization, standards, configuration & best practices.
· Drive and execute SQL platform optimization, automation and improvement activities
· Maintenance and development of installation and configuration scripts
· Creation and maintenance of SQL-platform related documentation, how-to's, installation & configuration documentation etc.
· Maintain our in-house developed SQL Web-tool used for inventory, compliance, etc.
Other tasks which occasionally might occur
· Installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of MS SQL instances
· Advanced troubleshooting and performance tuning of MS SQL Server instances in cooperation with the application team
Required competencies and experiences
· Expertise and experience in MS SQL Server
· Expertise in Powershell and T-SQL
· Good knowledge and experience in Windows Server and Windows Cluster
· Good knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure overall
· Knowledge and experience of monitoring and maintaining SQL-servers in a Windows Hosting environment
· Knowledge and experience of administering large SQL estates
· Knowledge and experience of patching and updating SQL-instances in large environments
· Knowledge and experience of Azure SQL services
· Fluent in English
· Good communication skills
· Being a true team-player with excellent social and cooperation skills
Meriting skills and competencies
· Container technologies
· Php, java, json programming