The Business Analyst will work closely with Product Owners/Product Managers and as part of one of the agile cross-functional delivery teams that develops Unify - a clinical trial solution designed by Patients, Health Care Professionals to simplify the trial experience for all participants.
The BA takes responsibility to elicit, communicate and deliver high quality business requirements/features, and enables the team to deliver high-quality solutions meets the needs of end users and the business in the best possible way, while fulfilling established
quality and compliance standards.
The Business Analyst is expected to perform at Advanced level in the following:
· Agile - Build and manage relationships with stakeholders such as the Product Owners/Managers, Enterprise Architects, Developers, User Experience Leads (UX) and other stakeholders. Identify & prioritise product roadmap activities with distributed stakeholders. Lead and facilitate workshops to define scope of new requirements. Facilitate story mapping and perform release planning activities. Write features, user stories, and acceptance criteria, ensuring that the requirements are written using INVEST principles. Manage and prioritise product backlog for the development teams. Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external customers. Provide training and demo to internal and external stakeholders on new feature functionality
· Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals. Actively monitors and identifies capability gaps and proposes potential solutions through research internally and externally.
· Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own and other team member’s activities to meet deliverables and deadlines. Accountable for performance and quality of analytical work delivered, both their own and the work of others.
· Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies stakeholders from all areas of the business, and actively builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
· Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Highly responsive to changing business priorities with ability to plan ahead, accounting for potential changes and corrective actions. Advanced requirements elicitation and management skill-set; including traceability, testing and validation. Leads the work with the business to identify functional and technical needs, and ensuring these are translated into requirements that can be elaborated, built and tested by a cross-functional team. Also, closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
· Business Case Definition - Shapes and defines the business case, producing detailed business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
· Solution Evaluation - Highly proficient in analysing and assessing solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
Work collaboratively with
1. Business Stakeholders to ensure that solutions fulfil their future strategic needs and challenges
2. Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands
3. Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness
4. IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Work collaboratively with or take responsibility for:
5. Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
6. Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
· Practical usage of Agile Methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
· Experience with Service design / design thinking methodologies
· Experience from healthcare, pharmaceutical and/or life science industries
· Proven experience in business analysis and/or product owner roles
· Proven experience of working with complex integrated systems, using creative and strategic thinking to deliver exceptional results
· Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
· Experience of working in a regulated environment
· Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
· Experience of mentoring, coaching or developing others
· Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
· GxP/SaMD experience
· Lean SIGMA training
· Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
· Pharmaceutical business awareness/business domain knowledge
· Cross industry business awareness/business domain knowledge
· Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
· Experience in data analysis
Skills and Capabilities
· Agile / User Stories / Backlog
· Jira / Confluence
· Business acumen
· Challenge, negotiation and influence
· Presentation, Communication & Facilitation
· Customer Focus
· Stakeholder Management
· Business Process Management
· Requirements Management
· Benefits Management and Realisation
· User Centred Design (User Experience, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)